Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm a City Girl. Nuff Said.

This past weekend we had the awesome opportunity to go to Tennessee for the first time since October of last year! That was too long of a gap between trips! Mom had a ladies luncheon that was amazing!! Such a blessing. The theme was "Fill My Cup, Lord." So, fitting. And I so needed that!! After the luncheon Dad took Drew and I out to the hen house and handed me a bucket and told me to collect eggs. Now, I looked into the roost where there was a budgy hen and I didn't think it was such a good idea to move her from over top her collection of eggs. But Dad insisted, so I picked her up and there was a whole bunch of eggs. Yeah, so they aren't pretty when you collect them. In fact they are pretty much disgusting and the last thing I wanted to do was pick them up. I know...total city girl! But that hen had sat on those eggs and well, I guess when they gotta go they just go right where they are....because the eggs had all sorts of lovely stuff on them. Ugh!! Yuck!! So, i picked them up carefully so I would not touch the sides of the eggs that were yucky and placed them in the bucket. Chickens smell really not so good. So, anyway, that was my first experience of that sort and when Drew decided to share with me the idea that he wants chickens......I can't say I warmed up to the idea or ever will. I think I prefer to see the eggs that I am going to eat nice and clean. That way I will actually WANT to eat them!! It was a fun time. After we collected eggs we went to go meet Abigails horse, Dot. Such a sweet thing!! And Abigail got to ride her for us. And Dot decided to take Abigail on quite the ride!! Thankfully, Abigail didn't fall off, but I thought for sure she was going to! Dot decided she wanted to full out gallop across the field and Abigail wasn't quite ready!! It was fun and Abigail got back on. Brave girl!! It was a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment