Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day-A tribute to My Mother


Today marks my 4th Mother's Day without the amazingly beautiful woman who is my Mother. I am amazed at the speed at which time passes because most of the time it feels like just yesterday that I would talk to her on the phone every day while in college and hear her laugh and sing-song voice as I shared all the fun and exciting new experiences as a freshman and sophomore. We would giggle about boys and laugh about crazy roommate antics that came with living in the dorms. I would leave out no detail!! It seems like yesterday that I would come home from college and curl up on the couch next to my amazing mom and lay my head in her lap while she played in my hair and talked about everything. Oh there are so many many memories of those last years. Those sweet times before bed that we would sit indian style on her and daddy's water bed with our Bibles and read and pray and share the wonderful truths of God's Word together in our own special devotion times. Those last days after hearing about how bad the cancer had really gotten were some of the most precious and painful memories. But they were moments with my amazing mom that I will never forget.
I was blessed, even if just for a little time, to have been raised by a woman who loved and feared God. Who loved me even when I was unloveable. A woman who became my best and most treasured friend. She saw me at my best and loved me at my worst. Without her I would not be the young woman I am today. Even though she is not here with me today, on this Mother's Day, in a way there will always be a part of her everyday in me.
One day I will see her smiling face again. And we can share an eternity of sweet moments together in the awesome and mighty presence of our Lord Jesus Christ!!
I love you and miss you so much, Mommy!! Happy Mother's Day!!
Love,
Your Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment